Frequently Asked Questions

How do I enroll my child in the neighborhood school?

Families new to CVESD must show their child's birth certificate, immunization record, and parent/guardian proof of residence to their neighborhood school to enroll. The enrollment process takes place continuously throughout the school year. For more information, call your neighborhood school. If you do not know your child's neighborhood school, please click below:

How do kindergarten students enroll for the 2023-2024 school year?

Neighborhood schools will enroll kindergarten students who have attained the age of five years by September 1, 2023. Click here to use our Online Enrollment for the 2023-24 school year.

For Kindergarten, Transitional Kinder, and NEW enrolling students for the 2023-24 school year the online enrollment system will be available on February 15, 2023. 

How do I enroll my grandchild who lives with me, not with the parents?

Contact the Student Placement Office at (619) 425-9600, ext 181570.

How do I apply for my child to attend a school outside my neighborhood?

School district residents may apply to attend a school other than their neighborhood school. New applications for Zone Transfers may be filed beginning April 3, 2023. Students may be accepted based on prioritized criteria and available space. Incoming (new and renewal) interdistrict permits will be accepted for processing beginning April 3, 2023.

Due to continued growth in Chula Vista, NO new transfer will be approved for the following schools, effective immediately:

  • Arroyo Vista
  • Camarena
  • Casillas
  • Discovery
  • Eastlake
  • Hedenkamp
  • Heritage
  • Jeffers
  • Liberty
  • Marshall
  • McMillin
  • Muraoka
  • Olympic View
  • Salt Creek
  • Veterans
  • Wolf Canyon

Who provides transportation for my child to attend a school outside my neighborhood?

Unless a child meets Program Improvement criteria, parents must provide transportation in order for students to attend a school other than their neighborhood school.

How do I enroll the brother or sister of a child already transferring to a school other than the neighborhood school?

Siblings are not automatically enrolled in a school of choice. Siblings must be enrolled at their neighborhood school prior to requesting a transfer. Applications for transfer must include information for each applicant.

Is licensed childcare available?

Before and/or after-school childcare is often available to parents of students enrolled in school. Care is offered through the South Bay Family YMCA. Click here for more information.

Where can I go to access current and meaningful information about school and district progress?

We encourage parents to visit for the most current information regarding CVESD schools. In some cases, we recommend that they make an appointment with the school administration if they have further questions regarding curriculum and test scores.

Contact us:

(619) 425-9600, ext. 181570

Corina Mitchell: Student Placement Manager
Valerie Llamas: Student Placement Lead
Elizabeth Castro: Student Attendance / Welfare Specialist / Home Visitor
Luis Estrada: Student Placement Technician
Kerry Smith: Student Placement Technician

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.